users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with GF and SSL: IE accepts certificate but Firefox doesn't

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:07:58 PDT

Hello Kumar,

I ran the [keytool -import....] command to install the Verisign intermediate certificate in cacerts.jks. and then ran the [keytool -list -v -keystore cacerts.jks] command and saw that the intermediate certificate was installed in cacerts.jks. After that I ran the java program (the fixed version...) to replace the certificate in keystore.jks Still, this did not fix the problem in Firefox (when I list the certificates in keystore.jks I still see: Certificate chain length: 1)...

I read Stephan's previous post on how he was able to finally make it work by not deleting the "s1as" default self-signed certificate and creating a certificate with a different alias and then running the [keytool -import...] command instead of the java program. However in order to try the same solution I need to start the complete process all over again and request a new certificate from Verisign with the new alias (instead of "s1as").
Isn't there a more simple solution ?
There is no guaranty that if I ask for a new certificate from Verisign it will work....

Thanks,
Asaf
[Message sent by forum member 'asafb' (asafb)]