users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun Appserver 9.1u2 installation problem - master password not prompted

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:52:45 -0700

Correct, for developer profile domains master password is "changeit"
unless you explicitly set it to something else. Sorry, I am aware this
is not very obvious when it comes to silent installation through SJS AS
installer since it is not something user gets explicitly prompted for
but the value is still set behind the scenes.

FWIW, silent installation should work in this case even if you don't
specify master password variable in the statefile and in that case
installation will use "changeit". We should add this information to the
installation guide section which specifies statefile variables.