users@glassfish.java.net

System Properties - Dynamic? Does it work at all?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:55:56 PDT

I am trying to use System Properties and read them from a Servlet. Reading them works fine. However, when I change a value, I don't see the change. I have Dynamic Reconfiguration checked. The new value does get written to domain.xml. However, even if I redploy the WAR my Servlet does not see the new value. The only way I have found to force it is restart Glassfish, which of course defeats the entire purpose. If I need to restart Glassfish, System Properties are of no use to me. I feel I must be missing something obvious, but I can't find anything else to try.
...RB
p.s. My test servlet is trivial, just calls System.getProperty() and prints it. As noted, the servlet runs fine, but does not see System Property changes.
[Message sent by forum member 'rb5563' (rb5563)]