users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Number of requests per second taken care by glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:46:13 PDT

> In your case, reducing the value will close connection and some of your client will be broken.

Some of that long running WAP requests show processing time of >= 30s.
So i did not thought about reducing the request timeout, i thougth about increasing it, to possible do correct response to such longer request some seconds later.

> Imagine a hacker that send one byte every 60 seconds....all the threads will lock
trying to read this slow client and that will create a denial of service. Hence we put a max value the client can takes to send its bytes.

Great that such things are included:)
I will follow your advice at remain the 30s default timeout.

> Having a couple more will make other request faster because they will not be queued.

The maximum number of request processing threads is currently set to 130.
Can i see if/when i need to increase this, perhaps some exception message or so.
Or do i have to calculate this value depending on page impressions+static requests and average processsing time or something like that.
[Message sent by forum member 'hammoud' (hammoud)]