users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Server stops responding due to Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:50:27 PDT

>Are you using the default configuration (domain.xml)? Without any
>change, you are running fine with Coyote, right? That's impressive as
>you are only running with 5 threads.

I have thread-count set to 32 under the Request Processing section in GF. Note that this is "thread-count", not "acceptor-threads", which are two different things that I hear being constantly confused with each other.

>Yes, it is (Coyote isn't scaling very well).
I>'m not aware of any issues with Grizzly. I would be very interested to
>see if you can run GF with the log level set to finest to see if I can
>find something? Any application you can share to reproduce the issue?

But it was on this very thread that is was suggested to me to use Coyote to try to eliminate Glassfish as being a cause of my original problem (see the very first post on this thread). The conclusion was that changing to Coyote did in fact make a difference. So, doesn't that point the finger at Grizzly as a possible cause?

The fact that Coyote doesn't scale well brings me back to my initial conclusion that perhaps I have to move off of Glassfish. I can try switching back to Grizzly, but that puts me back to my original configuration where I was having the problem to begin with.
[Message sent by forum member 'kevinmacdonald' (kevinmacdonald)]