users@glassfish.java.net

SJSAS 9.1 UR2 won't start anymore?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 14:24:22 -0400

I installed UR2 on my dev laptop a few days ago, did a build, deployed,
and everything worked fine. Today I tried to start the app server from
NetBeans and get this error:

> Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
>
> Log redirected to D:\Program
> Files\Sun\AppServer91UR2\domains\domain1\logs\server.log.
>
> Error refreshing ConfigContext:D:\Program
> Files\Sun\AppServer91UR2\domains\domain1\config\domain.xml
> cause: Failed to create the XML-DOM Document. Check your XML to make
> sure it is correct.
> Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

When I try from the command line:

> D:\Program Files\Sun\AppServer91UR2\bin>.\asadmin start-domain domain1
> Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
> Log redirected to D:\Program
> Files\Sun\AppServer91UR2\domains\domain1\logs\serve
> r.log.
> Error refreshing ConfigContext:D:\Program
> Files\Sun\AppServer91UR2\domains\domai
> n1\config\domain.xml
> cause: Failed to create the XML-DOM Document. Check your XML to make
> sure it is
> correct.
> Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> CLI156 Could not start the domain domain1.

The server.log doesn't show anything since I had it running 6 days
ago. I have not touched the app server, so have no idea what's wrong.

Thanks,
Ryan