users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is application extraction directory different on V2 and V3?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:15:22 -0400

Hi,
> Copied a WAR file at:
> glassfish/domains/domain1/autodeploy/abc.war
>
> On V3 the file being extracted and deployed at:
> glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/abc
>
> However when autodeployed on V2 the file is being extracted at:
> glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/abc
>
> Is this a bug?
No, this change is intended. As the standalone module and enterprise
application share the same name space, there is really no need for the
additional subdirectory layer "j2ee-modules" or "j2ee-applications". So
we decided to clean it up in v3 (which simplifies the code paths quite a
bit),
> This change is breaking our development env and forcing us to write version specific logic ... something we would like to avoid.

Sorry to hear this, but the application repository layout is intended to
be internal server implementation and not a public interface. Can you
please tell us more about your problem here?

Thanks,

- Hong