users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application Client Login Questions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:54:45 PDT

Hi, Ben.

As far as I know, you're correct that there's no way to distinguish between a cancel and an invalid login.

I didn't mean to ignore your other question. Even if you use explicit JNDI look-ups there are still some benefits to building an app client. For one, you still get the automatic Java Web Start support instead of needing to build and deploy your own web app containing your own JNLP (and JARs) for your client. Also the class path is all handled for you to make sure the right GlassFish pieces are available at runtime. Plus, if and when we address this problem satisfactorily you'd be able to take advantage right away!

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]