users@glassfish.java.net

Re: url pattern colon problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 08:12:50 PDT

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup JAMWIKI (0.6.5) on glassfish
> (v2ur1-b09d) using realm for security.
>
> I ran into problem with url pattern (HTTP Status 400
> - There are some problems in the request: invalid
> URLPatternSpec) every time I trying to access pages
> with colon in url. Such as "/en/Special:Setup".
>
> I tried "/*", "/*:*" for the "url-pattern" tag but
> they seem to produce the same problem.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Leo

Leo,

this is a problem with the jacc spec, which uses ':' within UrlPatternSpec to define the start of a list of qualifying patterns. The qualifying patterns define exceptions to the list of patterns which are matched by the first pattern. I am not sure how to resolve this in the jacc spec, but I will work on that, (since ":" is permitted in path-segments).

if it is possible for you to avoid the use of : in your path segments, that would be the
surest way for you to avoid this problem. Another way forward would be for you to eused escaped encoding (%hex hex ) for all instances of ":" occurring withing your path-segments, and within your security constraints in web.xml.

Ron
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]