users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application Client Login Questions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:58:57 PDT

Hi, again.

Two quick points.

1. My understanding is that the property value is the number of retries (not the total number of tries). So the default of 1 should mean 1 retry after the first failure. From your description you are not seeing that. So maybe my understanding is incorrect. We'll find out shortly, because...

2. The property setting needs to be for the app client container, not the server. We may need to think about whether a setting of that property in the server should be automatically passed to clients launched using Java Web Start. But separate from that, in the URL you use to launch your client you can try adding

prop=NumberOfLoginRetries=3

(or the value of your choice) to the query string part of the URL and see if that affects the retry behavior. For example, if you launch using

http://localhost:8080/MyClient

then try

http://localhost:8080/MyClient?prop=NumberOfLoginRetries=3

or if you are already passing arguments or property settings add

&prop=NumberOfLoginRetries=3

to the end of your URL.

Please let us know your results.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]