users@glassfish.java.net

Too high connection timeout

From: Gerald Holl <gerald_at_holl.co.at>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:15:22 +0200

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems caused by an extremely high connection timeout.
I've a distributed system. The server is glassfish, the client is an
Eclipse RCP app.
In some cases I do a regularly online check if the clients are still
present. This is done by calling a simple method on server-side in the
form of

public void checkClient() throws RemoteException {}

If the server can't reach the client it raises the RemoteException.
The upsetting thing is that it takes 30 minutes until the
RemoteException is being raised!
This timeout is definitely too high. In my mind about 30 seconds should
be sufficient.

Does anybody know how to reduce the timeout?

Thanks,
Gerald