users@glassfish.java.net

SOAP intermediaries, or How to log SOAP messages

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 01:48:40 PDT

Hi everyone, I'm writing a thesis about developing a performance analysis service for a specific web service, based on logs. I read on many papers that a good way to trace SOAP messages between services is to use a SOAP intermiediary able to receive and forward such messages.
The problem is that the articles i read are quite old (2002), and I don't know if still today it is common practice to use intermediaries. I also read that application servers like glassfish can trace SOAP messages.
Now, I have some questions:

1. Are intermediaries still in use?
2. Does glassfish have an intermediary included in his architecture?
3. Is it possible to log ALL of the SOAP messages sent by and arriving to our services through glassfish?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele
[Message sent by forum member 'cento83' (cento83)]