users@glassfish.java.net

How to update a server keystore

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:33:26 PDT

Hello,

I started to develop a project that requires SSL's mutal authentication. But sometimes, I need to update the server trust store, at least once a month (to insert new CA certificates).

I thought about two solutions (but I don't know how to implement neither):
1- update the server trust store (and make it realize that the trust store has changed)
  * possible implementation: server restart
2- tell the server to require a client certificate, but accept any one and make the application validate the client certificate
  * I don't have a clue if it is possible

Thanks.
Itapajé.
[Message sent by forum member 'itapaje' (itapaje)]