users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish replication failure

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:19:35 PDT

Hi all,

  I posted some doubts here when trying to do Session replication with glassfish. O would like to know what happened with my scenario such that the session replication didn't work. I couldn't even get the clusterjsp scenario working.
My scenario was:
 - 2 different machines on the same network;
 - connected to one switch and so sharing the same subnet. Machine 1 has the IP address of "192.168.8.1 / 24" and Machine 2 had the IP address of "192.168.8.2 / 24".
 - With the Linux heart beat it was possible to have the same virtual address on both machines and it guaranteed that just one was connected at a time.
 - To connect to the web page the access was done through the IP "192.168.9.1", the DNS was converting the IP to the virtual address used by both machines.

  I tested the system with a TCP application connected to the "192.168.9.1", and after unplugging a cable from the machine 1 for instance I noticed that after a while the machine 2 was receiving the TCP connection. So the service was still available. I could see using that application and MySql that the database replication was working fine.

 For the Web Service using GlassFish I noticed that what worked in a cluster in one machine didn't work with 2 on the above scenario. I created a scenario as described in "http://blogs.sun.com/technical/entry/2_machine_cluster_setup_cli" for instance. Looking at the admin console I had two nodes, one instance to each other, the availability box checked and the cluster started.
 I noticed that the clusterjsp example was losing the session and my webpage was running slow like there was timeouts occurring or something else. In the sessionBean all the objects I had were serializable (only integer type to identify the user over the connections in order to select the appropriate info from the DB).

 Anyone can diagnose the problem for the description above?

Thanks in advance, Tiago Junqueira
[Message sent by forum member 'junkeira' (junkeira)]