users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Could not reserve enough space for object heap

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 09:28:51 +0200

With 32-bit JVMs, the heap size limit is dependant on the OS/JVM
combination. It is less than 2^31 (less than 2gb as you are
experiencing) or less than 2^32 (less than 4gb).

You can use a 64-bit JVM (check in the docs if this is supported on
SuSE).

But maybe you should tell us why you need to increase the heap (lots
of caching or simply to take advantage of the memory upgrade?)

--AlexisMP