From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:32:45 PDT

We have successfully been running glassfish-v2ur1-b09d with jdk1.6.0_03 on suse enterprise linux for many months using the following JVM setting:

<jvm-options>-Xmx1536m</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Xms1536m</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-XX:MaxPermSize=192m</jvm-options>

I have now tried to increase the memory to 3GB after a server upgrade:

<jvm-options>-Xmx3072m</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Xms3072m</jvm-options>

Startup now fails with message:

but the server has 13GB of free ram! Can anyone explain why this is happening?

I have also tested with settings of 2048m with the same results. For some reason 1536m seems to be the maximum we can use.

Many thanks in advance.
Gerald
[Message sent by forum member 'ggierer' (ggierer)]