users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to invoke Client Callback Handler from EJB3 Session Bean

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:58:42 PDT

Actually, we should stop speaking about client and server in this case. The client is by definition the caller and the server the callee. What you want is server-server communication. This is possible with RMI: the "client" can export a "notification" object when it starts. The "client" can then call the "server" and pass a remote reference of the "notification" object. The "server" can then broadcast event to all registered clients (It's maybe not exactly like this, but we do have such a solution for a RMI client-server application that need to be sometimes notified by the server side). But I fear that it's not possible with IIOP.
[Message sent by forum member 'ewernli' (ewernli)]