users@glassfish.java.net

clusterjsp sample not working (sort of) with availability selected

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:42:12 PDT

Hello smart people,

Some config info - we are running Sun Server 9.1 and have a cluster running on one machine with HADB and failover configured.

Here's what's happening:

I run the Sun sample application clusterjsp with "availability" selected and I get a blank page. I can see that the jsp has compiled, but all I get is a blank page in the browser. As a matter of fact, with availability selected, if I try to access any files in any of my applications' context root I get the same behavior - blank page in browser (html, jpg, jsp - doesn't matter).

Now, here's the weird part: I don't get a blank page is if there is some sort of redirect involved. For example, if I access a page that just forwards to another page (e.g. <jsp: forward page="another.jsp" />) then another.jsp works just fine, but if I access another.jsp directly I get nothing. Huh?

Any ideas what can cause this behavior?

Please save me from this torture!

Thanks - Craig
[Message sent by forum member 'heckle01' (heckle01)]