users@glassfish.java.net

How do you know if you entered the wrong password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:02:56 PDT

I have successfully added a login dialog to my webstart javaee client. the client calls a stateful session bean that has a

@RolesAllowed({"userRole"})

annotation on one of the methods. I have registered my login dialog as a CallbackHandler in

<application-client>
  <display-name>AuthApp</display-name>
  <callback-handler>authea.auth.UserPasswordDialog</callback-handler>
</application-client>

It works fine, on application client start the dialog shows and I enter username and password and I get authenticated everything is fine. However if I enter the wrong password my callback handler is not told about it and the injection of my remote session bean fails with an exception that I cannot catch because it is in the injection phase.

My question is: How do you get told about wrong passwords so that you can tell the user to try again?
[Message sent by forum member 'xylifyx' (xylifyx)]