users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot start cluster or instance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 02:02:18 PDT

Glassfish 9.1_02 (Clustered) on a SLES10 SP1 VM (VMware Server).

I am very new to Glassfish and have just done a test installation. I followed all the the install insterauctions with no problems. I now find i can create a start nodes ok and i can create a cluster and an instance. My problem comes when i try to start the cluster, i get the following:

[i]"All server instances in cluster cluster1 were not started. The Appserver instnace instance1 does not exit. This could be caused by an error in a previous Node Agent Synchronization cycle. Please check the Node Agents log for the specific error."[/i]

I have checked the log but there does not seem to be any error in there and the Node itself seems to be running perfectly happily.

I have tried starting the Instance first but this fails with a similar error.

Can anyone help please?
[Message sent by forum member 'fatgoth' (fatgoth)]