users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Registering a remote ejb in my jndi

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 22:19:45 PDT

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem I have with the way it is described in the FAQ is the following:

If the remote ejb moves to a different server or (even worse) if the server it is running on fails, then I have to rebuild, or at least repackage the application and deploy it again. If I am able to register the reference as a fixed name on my appserver, I can just log on to the admin console and change the host that the name points to.

That is why I prefer to register the external jdni resource - in general I found that it is beter to keep configuration totally separate from the build / package process whenever possible.

Regards
Eduard
[Message sent by forum member 'eduardp' (eduardp)]