users@glassfish.java.net

Re: update center without X server

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:27:28 -0700

Unfortunately, updatecenter client which comes with GlassFish V2 only
has GUI support at this point...

However, you can download standalone Portlet Container component from
the SDK download page:

http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/?intcmp=1282

(scroll down and look for "Independent Component Downloads").

Once you download the distribution zip file, you simply need to extract
the jar file it contains and place the jar file into
<installdir>/lib/addons directory of your GlassFish installation and
restart the domain to trigger portlet container configuration.

Thanks,

Snjezana