users@glassfish.java.net

Rendering problem inconsisstency between Sun App server 8.2 and Glassfish 2

From: burferd <jarzabek_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:03:52 -0700 (PDT)

I am attempting to port a project from Java Studio Creator using Sun
Application Server 8.2 to
NetBeans 6.1 using Glassfish 2. Running on Windows environment.

The page contains a panel in which I dynamically draw some components from
within the program.
The panel itself is defined in the jsp page, but the components within the
panel are created inside the program.

The panel and its components display fine with App Server 8.2.
However, Glassfish 2 will not display the components created in the program.
The panel components that are created in the jsp page are displayed, but not
the ones created in the
program.

Oddly enough, I have several other pages where I create components inside
the application and they
display OK, it just seems to be components that are displayed within this
panel.

I suspect it may be a difference in the renderering between Sun App Server
8.2 and Glassfish.
But I am at a loss to understand why it would work in SAS 8.2 and not
Glassfish 2 - something isn't right.

Does anyone have a clue why this might be happening?

I have attached a zip file that contains:
- Image 454.jpg - Version from JSC and App server 8 - drawn correctly
- Image 453.jpg - Version from NB and Glassfish - components created in
program are missing
- Code fragment - two methods
---- plotDeletePanel() - main method for creating the data within the panel
---- addDeleteRow() - method that creates the components to be drawn.