users@glassfish.java.net

Is it possible to increase the Java Applet Memory Limit in the Glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:23:19 PDT

Hello,

I have an applet that is hungry for memory (it displays 3D MRI/CT images that are big).

When using the JVM default settings, sometimes I get an error message saying "Exception in thread "Thread-158" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

I have solved this by adding "-Xmx128m" (or sometimes -Xmx256m) in the Java Applet Runtime Parameters (Java Preferences from the Java 2 Plug-in Control Panel).

However, this means that this needs to be done in every simple client which is a little bit of headache (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Linux, etc).

Is there any option that can be changed in the Glassfish that might handle and solve this issue as well?

Thanks for any help!

Andre
[Message sent by forum member 'andremat' (andremat)]