users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Open MQ vs the other JMS Providers

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 16:33:03 +0200

If you mean how much OpenMQ costs, it's Open Source and thus free to
use.
Sun provides subscriptions for access to support, subscriptions and
indemnifications.

If you mean technical differences, I would say that OpenMQ is very
well tested software with superior performance and availability options.
It's probably GlassFish's best kept secret. Have a look at this OpenMQ
presentation for more:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishDay2008Sydney
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/PageInfo.jsp?page=GlassFishDay2008Sydney/OpenMQ.pdf

hope this helps,