users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v2u1: server lag under "load"?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:31:47 +0200

Folks;

Am Wed, 07 May 2008 03:04:50 PDT
schrieb glassfish_at_javadesktop.org:

> Maybe you should do "asadmin generate-thread-report --type=thread >
> threaddump.txt" before you restart the domain. Then you can see which
> threads are locked and what they are waiting for.

So I managed to set up a load-reduced testbed environment in our
system, trying to reproduce the error. Took longer than the days
before, but it finally happened again. Upgrade to v2u2 before that,
just to be sure. However the output of generate-jvm-report
--type=threads can be found at

http://zimmer428.net/zeugs/threads.txt

... for what I see there indeed is a bunch of threads "waiting on
lock", but I am not sure I correctly understand why this happens. Does
anyone out here have better ideas?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771