users@glassfish.java.net

Webservice Client Timeout?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 02:10:28 PDT

Today I had a very strange problem on my production system (Glassfish 2 UR1):

My EJB3 Stateless Bean is called regularly every 5 minutes by the TimerService. Then the bean calls an external web service which is imported using the @WebServiceRef annotation, filters the result and stores it in internal JPA Entity Beans. Normally this works fine.

Today the customer tells me that there are no data updates coming anymore. The last update came on April 30, 12:00.

asadmin generate-jvm-report type=thread tells me that the timer thread is hanging in the web service call, waiting for the SOAP reply.

But how can it be that it waits for an entire week for a SOAP reply, without throwing a timeout or anything? And how can it be that the timerService stops calling the bean every 5 minutes, without writing anything to the log file?

What can I do in order to see this error never again???

Thank you very much in advance

Bastian
[Message sent by forum member 'batzee' (batzee)]