users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Replication Problem and slow response - Help

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 15:26:05 PDT

Hi all,

   I made one web page with netbeans and then I deployed it in the glassfish (separately).

   In my network topology I used the linux high availability, and so I have a hostname for 2 different machines. When one is connected or fails it assure the exchange and that just one is alive. I made the following command:
   ---> setup-cluster.xml on both
    machine1:
bin/asadmin start-domain
bin/asadmin create-node-agent --host HOST1 --port 4848 node1
bin/asadmin create-cluster --host l040101-ws1.alunos.ua.pt --port 4848 cluster1
bin/asadmin create-instance --host HOST1 --port 4848 --nodeagent node1 --cluster fodsCluster instanceONE

    the command that I use to start the system of the machine 1 is:
bin/asadmin start-node-agent --syncinstances=true node1
bin/asadmin start-cluster --user admin --host localhost --port 4848 cluster1
bin/asadmin start-cluster --user admin --host localhost --port 4848 fodsCluster

   machine2:
bin/asadmin create-node-agent --host HOST1 --port 4848 node2
bin/asadmin create-instance --host HOST1 --port 4848 --nodeagent node2 --cluster fodsCluster instanceTWO
bin/asadmin create-instance --host HOST1 --port 4848 --nodeagent node2 --cluster fodsCluster instanceTWO
   to start:
bin/asadmin start-node-agent --syncinstances=true node2

   After deploying the website I tested the replication. Using my webpage or the clusterjsp I noticed that when accessing one node everything works fine. Then I disconnect the network cable and after a while (10 seg) the machine 2 starts to answer. I get surprised since the external node changes its session and don't keep the information.

   The service is available but there is no replication. I think that all the session variables are serializable. I use during the page the ResultSet which is not serializable. I introduced the /distributable property.
    Besides the page navigation is "too slow". I have to wait like a minute to change from page to page.

   Anyone knows this problem?

  Thanks in advance, Tiago Junqueira
[Message sent by forum member 'junkeira' (junkeira)]