users@glassfish.java.net

Is there a size limit for data in the request header?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:34:53 PDT

IBM Tivoli's Access Manager is reverse proxying our glassfish server. It sends authentication data in the header. One of the value it is sending over is dynamic in size depending on the number of groups a user is a member of. The value is a large encrypted value of user information.

What we are seeing happening is that a user with 7 groups can communicate with the server, but with 8 groups something happens and the response is all messed up. The only difference is that the value for this header parameter has increased in size.

So, our theory at the moment is that the size of this value is doing something internally to Glassfish's HTTP processing. Any thoughts? We are on Glassfish v2.
[Message sent by forum member 'athrawn17' (athrawn17)]