users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF v Tomcat performance

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:36:24 -0400

Hi

the public comparison can be found here (but Tomcat isn't fronted by
Apache):

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2008/04/more_on_the_sim.html
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/05/how_to_test_con.html

It would be interesting to see how Apache+GF perform vs Apache+Tomcat.
I'm tempted to think GF will be faster because of the performance
improvement we did to the WebContainer. Note that when you are using
mod_jk, both Tomcat and GF skips their connector implementation (Coyote
for Tomcat, Grizzly for GlassFish).

A+

-- Jeanfrancois