users@glassfish.java.net

Emails Not Working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 08:20:01 PST

Hello dear friends,

I am using a java mail program to create an email. I have configured our mail server with a public IP and setup the MX records correctly. I have verified that the mail server is receiving in-bound mails. Also, the mail server is able to send out outbound mails .. but not in all cases. I did a test with a publicy available tool, which you can find at: senderid.espcoalition.org

This tool shows the complete email message including headers that is being received by the destination mail server. I think that the problem may be with our mail server configuration - the headers that are being set by the mail server for outbound emails may not be correctly formed. I was hoping that some of you good folks might have an answer.

I am attaching the message below that is being shown by the tool. This message doesn't get through for the most part...but it is definitely being sent. The tool mentioned above received the email and showed the following header information. \

Hope that some of you might be able to point out possible problems in the header construction. BTW, I have changed the sender email ID but the rest of the message is identical to the original.