users@glassfish.java.net

Invalid URL-PATTERN when deploying application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:43:31 PDT

I am trying to deploy an application on Sun Java System Application Server and I get the follow error when I try to deploy:

"Deploying application in domain failed; Error loading deployment descriptors for module [branch4] -- Invalid URL Pattern: [ /JSClientProxy ] Error loading deployment descriptors for module [branch4] -- Invalid URL Pattern: [ /JSClientProxy ] "

Here is a snip it from the web.xml file:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>JSClientProxy</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.iisc.jsheet.taglib.servlets.JSClientProxy</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>JSClientProxy</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/JSClientProxy</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Here is what I have at the top of the web.xm. file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>

This app deploys on BEA WEBLOGIC and TOMCAT without errors. Not sure what the problem is with Sun Java System Application Server.

Can someone please help?
[Message sent by forum member 'jsheet' (jsheet)]