users@glassfish.java.net

JAAS UnixLoginModule as web app authentication realm

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:21:29 +0200

Hi,

I've just seen a similar message on this list, so here's my question:

We'd like to use a "Unix realm" in glassfish to control access to our
web application running in glassfish.
To be specific, I'd like people to be able to sign in with the same
unix usernames and passwords they use to access the Linux machine
Glassfish runs on.
I have read about a certain UnixLoginModule[1], but I can't use it as
an authentication realm[2] in Glassfish. I can only choose
SolarisRealm, supposedly deprecated since 1.4 [3]

Am I really the first one to need this?
What would be the best way to achieve it?

Thanks in advance!

Gabor Szokoli

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/jaas/spec/com/sun/security/auth/module/UnixLoginModule.html

[2] https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/security/faq.html#pluglogin