users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Multiple password files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:47:19 PDT

Hi,

Using the GUI works even without using the aliases. The password file is only used when you want to use the command line tooling mechanism.

As a rule, we don't use the GUI for Integration / Production deployment, mostly because we have no way of garantying a repeat of the process (no recording of the clicks). We have created bash files that install applications as well as create datasources / connection factories. We then only record the parameter used in this way.

Password aliases doesn't solve the problem of having only ONE parameter to pass mapped password. In this case, the used key would not be the password but the password alias... The fact that you can't have two password alias for two different connection poll security maps is still there.

greets
jeremie
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]