users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java web start error on deply - what is this

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 06:02:23 PST

> not sure thats it tim.
>
> its a generated SEAM project (using jboss tools in
> eclipse) and is essentially a WAR and an EJB project
> (WAR runs the facelets) the ejb provides the seam
> components. There is no java modules in the build.

But there are many listed in the descriptor... If those are not all app clients but are really library JARs then this is the source of your problem. And I am not familiar with how this project is generated but I am guessing just from the names of the JARs listed as <java>modules that they are not (not all, at least) app clients.

The code that throws the NPE runs only when GlassFish is trying to process an application client, and the descriptor is telling GlassFish that there are many app clients in the application.

- Tim

> <!-- Seam and EL -->
> <module>
> [b]<java>jboss-seam.jar</java>[/b]
> /module>
> <module>
> [b]<java>jboss-el.jar</java>[/b]
> </module>
> <!-- jBPM -->
> <module>
> [b]<java>jbpm-jpdl.jar</java>[/b]
> odule>
>
> <!-- Drools and dependencies -->
> <module>
> [b]<java>drools-core.jar</java>[/b]
> odule>
> <module>
> [b]<java>drools-compiler.jar</java>[/b]
> </module>
> <module>
> [b]<java>antlr-runtime.jar</java>[/b]
> </module>
> <module>
> [b]<java>mvel14.jar</java>[/b]
> </module>
>
> <!-- richfaces -->
> <module>
> [b]<java>richfaces-api.jar</java>[/b]
> </module>
>

> pplication>
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]