users@glassfish.java.net

Re: The operation CONFIGURE of addon am-configurator completed with an erro

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:45:25 PDT

Hi There,

"CONFIGURE of addon am-configurator completed with an error "

I know its been a month since you had this ... were you able to get this issue resolved? I am unfortunately facing with the exact issue and I just had installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_04-linux (yes I am on a linux box, running fecor core6, 32bit), and had the app server up for about a day. Then for some reason I had to restart the server and it would not come back up! After googling for hours and almost all the hits lead to your poostings. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

In a desperate attempt I ran the updatool and attemtped to uninstall all the addons, which errors, but was able to uninstall Identity and Portal. Then tried again to start the app server, got the same error with CONFIGURE of addon am-configurator completed with an error .

So, being an old windows user, decided to reboot my linux box and tried to start the server ... guess what ... thsi time it appears to have started. I say appears because I am able to get my app.to load and it works fine, but I saw this error on startup.

]$ sudo /etc/init.d/sunapp start
Starting SUN APPLICATION SERVER, default domain ...
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to /opt/java/SDK/domains/domain1/logs/server.log.
Redirecting output to /opt/java/SDK/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch.getManifestAddonJars(PELaunch.java:306)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch.setupAddOnChain(PELaunch.java:458)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch.setupClassloaders(PELaunch.java:430)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch.main(PELaunch.java:400)
Domain domain1 is ready to receive client requests. Additional services are being started in background.
Domain [domain1] is running [Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01 (build b09d-fcs)] with its configuration and logs at: [/opt/java/SDK/domains].
Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
User web applications are available at these URLs:
[http://localhost:8080 https://localhost:8181 ].
Following web-contexts are available:
[/web1 /__wstx-services portletdriver ].
Standard JMX Clients (like JConsole) can connect to JMXServiceURL:
[service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://officecore:8686/jmxrmi] for domain management purposes.
Domain listens on at least following ports for connections:
[8080 8181 4848 3700 3820 3920 8686 ].
Domain does not support application server clusters and other standalone instances.

So, it would be helpful to know if/how you resolved your issue. May be we can compare notes etc..., before I do an uninstall/reinstall
[Message sent by forum member 'ramboram' (ramboram)]