users@glassfish.java.net

Multiple password files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 04:36:50 PDT

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the password file system of glassfish. I don't have anything against it in itself, but I find it a little too restrictive right now (or can anyone tell me how to do it differently?)

The problem I have is with AS_ADMIN_MAPPEDPASSWORD. This allows the setting of passwords (in the security map of a connection pool, as an example). The principle itself is okay, I don't mind having all my password in a secure file... But if I have different user that need to be mapped (something that is VERY quickly the case, just think of a FTP Adapter with 1 connection factory to different EIS), I need two password files with both of them sporting the AS_ADMIN and other platform related stuff.

I do not want to have one file per connection factory (or one per mapped user)! The adminstrative overhead of controlling so many files for nothing is just wrong!

Is there a better way to do it or is this something that has been overlooked until now?

Should I create a change request for the next version?

thanks
jeremie
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]