users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish install directory being added to the JRE classpath

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:13:24 PDT

We have noticed that the Glassfish install directory is being placed onto the end of the JRE Classpath for the running server.

The causes problems for any code which uses wildcarding to find resources on the classpath. It can find resources from any of the web applications deployed in the default domain1.

For example if glassfish is installed in "/usr/local/glassfish",
and via the Administration interface we examine the JVM Report
(Application Server --> General --> JVM Report)

then the report includes:

JRE Classpath: ........ :/usr/local/glassfish/lib/appserv-ext.jar:/usr/local/glassfish

Our installation is:
 - server version is 9.1_01.
 - using jre 1.5.0.11
 - problem appears on Ubuntu, Mac, and Windows.
 - using the default "domain1".
 - we have not modified any of the server classpath configuration values
  (eg classpath prefix/suffix, system classpath)
 - we do not have any CLASSPATH environment variable defined

Is anyone else seeing this?
Is this something we have done wrong during installation?

Thanks for any help.
[Message sent by forum member 'cjmal' (cjmal)]