users@glassfish.java.net

Re: login.jsp customized by original target url

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:01:56 PDT

I don't know how to split this into a new thread or I would...,

I wanted to let you know that I've had some initial success writing a very simple jsr196 impl that always asserts the same Principal and Group on the clientSubject.

Even though it is static right now, the group-to-role mapping is working in my sample application so that my "admin" user in the "admin" group can access "admin.jsp" but not "user.jsp"

And... it was even easier than writing a TAI implementation.

Really nice!

The only (very slight) wrinkle is that for some reason calls to request.isUserInRole( "admin" ) return false, even though the role based access is working. Weird...

Side note, putting a space in the name of my provider caused a 500 error with no log messages.
[Message sent by forum member 'brian_of_fortent' (brian_of_fortent)]