users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Toplink cache and _at_Version annotations

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:51:41 PDT

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your clear reply. I just found it out myself, after searching extensively through the toplink sources. I'm currently testing these settings to be correct (before posting my results on this forum), but now you confirm my ideas. Thanks very very very much for that!

I agree with you building the object from the database is much more expensive compared to having it already in cache, but when I looked there is only a single comparison involved. To my opinion it would be very nice if we could enable it per default (with a toplink parameter) instead of having to customize all class descriptors which have to be set manually for all entities and persistence units inside the persistence configuration setup. Manually setting is very error-prone as it is easy to forget you have added a new entity to the system and therefore have to change the persistence config.

As you seem to know quite a lot about toplink, do you have any idea if related entities are also refreshed when the parent entity gets a refresh due to the version increment?

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen Muis
[Message sent by forum member 'jeroen_muis' (jeroen_muis)]