users@glassfish.java.net

Installer problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:01:54 PDT

We are using the SUN installer. The installer they use does not work using 64 bit java. However they provided this work around:

[i]It is true that 64-bit JDK/JRE cannot be used to run installation on Linux since installer framework used by 9.x Application Server installers contains only 32-bit Linux native support utility. The workaround is rather simple - use 32 bit JRE for installer runtime (this can be controlled using explicit -javahome option when running installation) and then, when prompted by installer, provide pointer to 64 bit JDK which will be used for Application Server runtime. That should be all - only overhead is need for "extra" 32 bit JRE available at installation time.[/i]

We did this however I get this error during the install:

[b]/opt/SUN/SUNAppSrv/9.1.01/lib/libnspr4.so: /opt/SUN/SUNAppSrv/9.1.01
/lib/libnspr4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)[/b]

This happens when it tries to create the default domain. I also get the error when I go ahead and try to manually create a domain. I did verify that [b]/opt/SUN/SUNAppSrv/9.1.01/lib/libnspr4.so[/b] is in fact there. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'sbeard' (sbeard)]