users@glassfish.java.net

Custom realm class loader clarification

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 01:12:14 PST

Hi There,

I have written a custom realm/login module for glassfish, but I was wondering if someone could clarify the location for the JAR which contains the classes for it.

I read somewhere that they should be put in the domain/lib directory, but when I do it this way I get BadRealmException which is caused by a ClassNotFoundException on my custom realm. Now if I add the jar to the class path suffix I don't get the problem and the class loader finds it.

Could someone tell me if glassfish is supposed to find it without adding the JAR reference to the class path suffix please?
[Message sent by forum member 'ccob' (ccob)]