users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Accessing a servlet url without a web browser

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:36:45 PDT

Well some branding and the installer notwithstanding SJSAS 91 and Glassfish v2UR1 are actually the same. So if it doesn't work in SJSAS it will not work in Glassfish as well.

I've just installed JBoss and it is true. JBoss accepts even irregular formed requests (i.e. requests omitting the HTTP-version). You should be aware of the fact that your app won't work with any server other than JBoss. I suggest to correct your app so that it complies to the HTTP protocol and works regardless of the container used. Otherwise you are stuck with JBoss.

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer
[Message sent by forum member 'writtmeyer' (writtmeyer)]