users@glassfish.java.net

Java EE 5 and "Core J2EE Patterns" Book

From: Florent <florent_lothon_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:56:00 +0200

Hi,

I would like to know if a new edition of Core J2EE Patterns Book is
underway.
Does the Sun Java Center consider that it is useless?

I think Java EE 5 brought many changes notably with JSF, EJB 3 and JPA.
For a newcomer in J2EE pattern's world, do you think he can design Java
EE 5 application based on the last Core J2EE Patterns Book edition from
2003?
Can we consider that new evolutions brought by Java EE 5 doesn't change
the approach of design proposed by this book ?

I also would like to know what the Sun Java Center think about this
article "Why are we not using Java EE 5?" :
http://java.dzone.com/articles/why-are-we-not-using-java-ee-5

Sincerely
Florent