users@glassfish.java.net

Re: login.jsp customized by original target url

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:01:53 PDT

You are correct, sir!
After wrestling with this for a week, a post to the forum clears it up in an hour.
I added:
<pre>
&lt;user-data-constraint&gt;
        &lt;transport-guarantee&gt;CONFIDENTIAL&lt;/transport-guarantee&gt;
&lt;/user-data-constraint&gt;
</pre>
to my web.xml's security-constraint stanza.
Now when I go to access https://localhost:8181/myapp/admin.jsp, my
login.jsp has access to:
<pre>
javax.servlet.forward.request_uri --> /myapp/admin.jsp
javax.servlet.forward.context_path --> /myapp
javax.servlet.forward.servlet_path --> /admin.jsp
</pre>
Without using https, I tried poking around in the
request.getSession() and didn't find anything, but
this is such a great workaround, I am calling it [b]the solution[/b].
Thanks a lot! Finding this fact was an agony!
[Message sent by forum member 'brian_of_fortent' (brian_of_fortent)]