users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Topic to MDB to EJB to JPA - Data Integrity/Insertion Problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:38:56 PDT

I hope it is clear what I am saying here. Each individual ObjectMessage I am passing onto the Topic I have *insured* is unique, so if the MDB and JPA were working correctly, I should not encounter any errors even if I straight up persisted/committed the objects to the DB.

However, the MDB and/or JPA do not seem to be working correctly *only* when the data is passed in at a fast rate. Its as though multiple instances of the MDB are processing the same ObjectMessage, and the only way that could be happening is if JMS or the MDB simply are not working properly.

This seriously irks me because I've used Hibernate/JBoss (granted almost 3 years ago now) to pass hundreds of objects a second over JMS without problems, and I've also done similar things with Hibernate/JBoss in passing objects and then persisting them, again without problems. I try to do a dozen a second and Glassfish pukes on me.
[Message sent by forum member 'jamesdh' (jamesdh)]