users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Dependencies in Maven2 Repository?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200

Marina;

Marina Vatkina schrieb:
>> I bet there's quite a bunch of people interested in seeing this
>> happening. Actually, looking at the official NetBeans tutorial to
>> building Java EE apps using maven and glassfish [1], they tend to
>> include the ejb3 specs out of apache geronimos maven repository which,
>> in this context, feels _rather_ strange... ;)
>
> There is some explanation to it - this page is wriiten by the person who
> uses Apache OpenEJB ;)

Well that does explain some of it. ;) Nevertheless: Would I be able to
replace the ejb specs off the geronimo mvn repo by some either
independent (javax....) or some glassfish specific artifacts if wanting
to explicitely use only glassfish technologies?

My point being: We internally use maven for building our projects. After
evaluating a bunch of Java EE servers, we have come to the conclusion
that, comparing geronimo, jboss, jonas and glassfish, glassfish overally
is the one we want to go for. Doing development using mvn2, glassfish
and netbeans, so, suddenly throwing in "things" at least in naming
originating in one of the _other_ containers is at least confusing to
some of our developers. ;) Consider these merely "visual" or aesthetic
aspects, but I think there still is something to it. :)

Best regards,
Kristian