users@glassfish.java.net

referencing isolated session cache object from shared session cache object

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:32:32 PDT

Can anybody tell me why Toplink Essentials chose not to allow shared objects in the parent server session's shared session cache to have a reference to isolated objects in an isolated client session's isolated session cache?

Consider this scenario:
A Customer entity has a OneToMany relationship with CustomerInventory entity.
I know my Customer details cant be modified from outside but customer inventory can be.
So i decide to make my Customer entity use shared session cache whereas CustomerInventory i want to fetch from the datasource always.

But Toplink Essentials doesn't allow me this behavior.

Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'rajbirb' (rajbirb)]