users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [ANN] A simple maven plugin for glassfish - asadmin-maven-plugin-0.1

From: Paul Merlin <paul_at_nosphere.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:39:27 +0200

Hi Kristian,

> Good idea, and from looking at it for the first time, seems a way a
> little more convenient than using exec:exec for controlling asadmin.
I was using the exec:exec way for months but was bored about all this xml
laying around my poms.

> Just out of curiosity, without having tried it so far: Does deployment
> of maven-built artifacts also work having a remote glassfish installation?
Yes remote deploy is working, provided you have the asadmin command
locally ... so if you have a local glassfish install you can deploy to a
remote one :)

That's the main drawback in wrapping the asadmin command. I don't know yet if
there's a way to get distribution of the asadmin command alone.

Bye

Paul