users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to make _at_Service with using class extends

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:22:36 -0700

because the framework so far is limiting you in using the default
constructor, remember that the steps for the instantiation of an HK2
components are as follow :
        - new()
        - injection
        - postConstruct()

since you need to have an instance created to be able to do the
injection in, the framework need to use the zero args one since it
would not know how to get the constructor parameters values.

Remember that you don't directly instantiate the @Service yourself,
you usually inject it or do a habitat.getComponent(Foo.class) type of
call so there is no way you would be able to specify the values at
this point.

For instance you could have a different implementation of your Foo
contract that takes very different set of constructor parameters,
there is no way the framework can have a generic way of dealing with
@Contract implementation details.

What you seem to want to do is something like :

@Factory(FooFactory.class)
@Contract
interface Foo {
}